List of Blogs

Friday 16 March 2012

Chapter 1-9 Tyler

This section of the book was very well thought out. For example, in the first section you can really tell that Nancy Farmer is setting up for the actual book to start. The characters really developed in this part of the book, specifically that Matt started off living in the little house, and in the second part, he further develops his character. Matt developed so much in the way that he discovered the outside world that Celia was trying to shelter him from.

In this section I was wondering about the fact that Matt really likes and appreciates EL Patron and how that could turn out for him. For me, it seems that El Patron actually likes Matt as much as he shows, but could El Patron have other plans for Matt? Is he just trying to comfort Matt while he lures him into something bigger than he is? I was struck by how complex and vivid the characters are in this chapter. When I read the book, the characters stood out to me and expressed themselves in ways that are unique to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment