List of Blogs

Thursday 1 March 2012

Chapter 1-5 - Emily


  • What are you wondering about? 
    • I was left wondering about what's going to happen to Matt now that Celia has found him. At first, I was confused about why Celia locked him in the house at the beginning, but in the end I understood. I'm also wondering what's going to happen with Maria and Matt because of how Maria was sent away when she was caught visiting Matt. I'm also interested to see what happens when El Partron is introduced and to see his relationship with Matt.  There was a lot going on in this section and I'm excited to read more and figure out how everything will play out. 
  • Has anything struck you about this section? 
    • This chapter was really interesting, in the beginning I didn't like Celia because I thought it was harsh that she was hiding Matt from the outside world. Later on, we found out that she was protecting him from being hurt and captured.  I also found it interesting that Maria was so interested to know and talk to Matt, when the other kids want to leave him alone. This section was really interesting with a lot happening leaving me excited to read more!
  • Why is Farmer making the choices that she is in this first section?
    • I think Nancy Farmer made these decisions to create lots of relationships for Matt to have. In the first section Matt has a lot of different relationships with different characters. He has a relationship with Celia that's very mother-son like, even though they are not related. Maria and Matt have an awkward friendship, it's like they want to be friends but can't. Matt and Rosa don't have a good relationship, Rosa is mean to Matt because he is a clone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment